What do I need to be able to develop a web application
ChatGPT answered in a way I think it is OK for beginners, but for me sounds a bit outdated.
To develop a web application, you will need:
- Familiarity with web development frameworks: You should know how to use web development frameworks such as AngularJS, React, Vue.js, Spring MVC, Ruby on Rails and Django.
- Knowledge of databases: You need to know how to create, manipulate, and query databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle or MongoDB, that can store and retrieve data for your web application.
- Understanding of web hosting: You should have a basic understanding of web hosting and the various hosting services such as VPS, Cloud Hosting, and Shared Hosting.
- Familiarity with version control: Knowing how to use Git, Mercurial, or SVN for version control will help you manage your code base and collaborate with other developers.
- Web server knowledge: Understanding how web servers work and how you can configure them for your web application’s needs is essential.
- Security: Knowing how to secure your web application, protect data, and prevent attacks is critical to web development.
- Testing and debugging skills: You need to have good testing and debugging skills to ensure the application works as expected and is free of errors or issues.
- Integrated Development Environment (IDE): You will need a development environment that helps you write and test your code. Popular choices are Eclipse, Visual Studio Code, and JetBrains.
- Front-end frameworks and libraries: There are many front-end frameworks and libraries available that make it easy to create user interfaces. Some popular ones include Bootstrap, Foundation, Materialize, and Semantic-UI.
- APIs and web services: If your application needs to interact with other web applications or services, you may need to use APIs or create your web services.
- Agile development methodology: Agile is a popular software development methodology that emphasizes collaboration, flexibility, and incremental development. Knowing how to work in an agile environment can be helpful.
- Project Management: You will need to manage your project, schedule tasks, collaborate with others, and track progress. Popular project management tools include Trello, Asana and Jira.
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment: You may want to automate the deployment of your application, which involves integrating code changes and automatically deploying them into a production environment. Some popular tools for CI/CD are Jenkins, Travis CI, and CircleCI.
- Communication Tools: To work effectively with other developers, you may need to use communication tools like Slack or Microsoft Teams to share updates, code snippets, and collaborate in real-time.
What do you think? Twit your opinion: https://twitter.com/16nsk/